SPBC PB Banana Oatmeal
- 1 large very ripe banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp non-dairy butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp Saratoga Peanut Butter creamy pb (or your choice!)
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2-1 tsp chia seed or ground flax (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Toppings: 1/2 tbsp Saratoga Peanut Butter creamy pb, nuts, cinnamon, and pure maple syrup
1. In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, cook the banana and non-dairy butter (or oil) for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, then and add the oats, chia, milk, spices, and a pinch of salt. Whisk well until combined.
3. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Scoop into a bowl and top with 1/2 tbsp Saratoga Peanut Butter creamy peanut butter, nuts, cinnamon, and pure maple syrup (or just use Saratoga Peanut Butter’s NY Maple pb).
Gluten-free, Vegan, Low-sodium, Soy-free